Thursday, March 18, 2010

Condemnation

Fleshly offenses have emerged in my heart and actions, and I am brought low. But truth tells me that there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus and also that:

"God[...] has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." 1 Corinthians 4:6-7

Lord, help me to claim my shortcomings and my unworthiness. I want to display your power and strength. Any reservation towards this is some meager attempt to show the world that I have succeeded at "Christianity." But if I am perfect I do not need Christ or the gospel, and by my actions am undermining Christ work on the cross. Teach me to say with Paul, "I am the worst among sinners." I need Jesus.

"Whoever conceals his transgression will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy." Proverbs 28:13



No comments: